Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm heee-eerrreee!

Capetown. After a long long long flight, I arrived in capetown and checked into my amazing hotel last night. Thanks to some dramamine, I was able to sleep through the night and now I'm waiting for my travel buddy Sue to arrive tonight (sunday) but so far I've done some solo exploring. Check out some pics!

Table Top Mountain from the waterfront!


Me and the Penguins, fast friends


Dancing and Singing - this energy is everywhere


My hotel at almost-dusk


Everyone kept asking if I was planning on swimming with the sharks, and the answer is no. But I will stare at their teeth in a tunnel in the dark by myself. Yeah.


More Later!

thanks to all who helped me get here, wished me well, and love me still

-Claire


.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Of course we still love you, lady.

The shark teeth were intense. The penguins were adorable.

Lauren said...

oh man... penguin pic... SO A LAUREN MOMENT. :) i am blown away by the beauty.

Chris said...

Not to copy Lauren or anything, but that penguin pic is pretty damn sweet. I gotta agree with you, the closest I'll get to a shark is when there's a thick sheet of glass between us or on dry land where I'd have the advantage.

Lauren said...

OR SHOOTING DOWN A TUBE SLIDE IN VEGAS. am i right? am i right? "Lauren - everyone at the top of the slide could hear you screaming the entire way down". yikes.

Maris said...

dude that shark makes me want to cry... or at least never go surfing.

but it looks beautiful there, and i wish i could be crashing in your hotel room with you, or exploring the waterfront!

miss you :)

Hanley Mead said...

omg. you're in africa.

Megan said...

Oh wait... there are Rockhopper Penguins. Those are my favorite!